Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bad day

Ever had one of those days when nothing goes right, you just want to crawl back into bed and wait until tomorrow arrives? That was my day yesterday. What is with the incompetence of so-called professionals? I mean, they charge an exorbitant amount of money for their services and then give attitude when you ask that they do their job properly and efficiently. Really!

“Quality” of service seems to mean nothing to a lot of people in business. So, dealing with incompetents started off my Monday and it didn’t get any better as the day went on. I was so frustrated . Poor Brad had to listen to my gripes. A homemade sundae did help improve my mood a bit, followed by a long walk with the dog. Helped clear my head.

We were watching a movie when I noticed someone riding a bicycle along the street then suddenly dropped the bike on the ground and sat in a field. She was sobbing. After 10 minutes of watching her sitting in that field talking on a cell phone and crying, I walked over and sat with her for awhile. She was having a bad day, too. Nothing was going right. Everything sucked. I knew that feeling of hopelessness and despair.

It was well after midnight so the bad Monday was officially over.

“It’s another day. Maybe today will be better than yesterday for both of us,” I said.

I wheeled her bike into the back of our truck and drove her home. Couldn’t leave her sitting there by herself. I wouldn’t have been able to sleep until she was safe at home.

Two strangers who both had an incredibly bad day shared a few laughs and hugs on the side of a street on a quiet Tuesday morning. And, after nearly a week of dealing with crap, incompetence and the stupidity of the world, I finally had a good sleep.

Cheers, friends