Friday, November 25, 2011

Recumbent tandem trike: Croatia - AtomicZombie builders gallery



"Hello there zombies!

My name is Veno, and I am huge bike fan!

I live in baroque city of Varaždin, Croatia, which is also a bicycle city of Croatia!

This is my idea of a tandem bike! I call it VTB Tandem Bike! I always wanted to have one of those, so I built it myself.

I recently bought yours DIY plans of Viking Trike and I will try to build it!

Best regards from Croatia! Veno Martic"

Excellent recumbent tandem, Veno. It looks very comfortable. Well done!


Atomic Zombie Viking Tandem Trike

The Viking is a very unique tandem trike that includes an independent transmission system that allows one rider to stop pedaling without affecting the other. The Viking Tandem Trike uses commonly available 20mm disc brake hubs, so there are no hard-to-find or overly expensive components needed.

The frame is completely made of square steel tubing, and everything else on the Viking Trike can be found at bicycle shops or hacked from scrap bicycles.