Thursday, March 1, 2012

New zombie bike builder

"Howdy - I just recently downloaded my trike designs and wanted to thank you for incredibly well written and documented plans. They downloaded without a hitch, and I was able to back them up with a CD in case we have (another!) computer crash. I am so STOKED!

I can't wait for garage sales so I can start collecting my parts and get going on a trike build. I especially liked the heavy duty home-made hubs and how you do some really cool fabricating with limited tools.

I have been handicapped for nearly 35 years and wanting to build a trike so I could ride again (since most store-bought recumbent trikes won't work for me), and this will be my ticket to do so. I'll be sure to send photos as I get it done.

I'm an airbrush artist by trade and plan to do some unusual things with paint and the powdercoating equipment I just invested in. This was by far the best $25 I've ever spent! Thanks again! - Phil C."

Thanks for your kind words, Phil. Glad to hear you've taken up the bike building hobby. Once you start, you can't stop! Stop by the Builders Forum and introduce yourself. It's a great international community of bike builders.