Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cargo and fun bikes

Someone sent me these pictures lately. I have no idea where they are from.

I'm guessing that the bottle bike picture was taken somewhere in Asia, although I haven't been able to find the source yet.

I think it's a very creative use of a bicycle, but I wonder where do all of those bottles end up? A recycling facility? Bottling factory? It would be a strange sight in our city, probably get ticketed by police.

Nevertheless, it proves how necessity is truly the mother of invention.






This photo looks like something you'd find at Burning Man. A beach-style cruiser that looks homemade. Comfortable enough for the dude to drink a beer while riding. Ah, life on the playa.

Geez, I'd like to know where these people live! Looks like a pretty relaxing ride. If only we could by-pass the cold and snow here!