Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Greetings from Australia - LodeRunner Recumbent Tandem Trike builders

"Cheers from Australia! I've been lurking your forum for over a year and finally decided to take the plunge. Just bought your LodeRunner Tandem Trike plan. It's got lots of pictures and diagrams, something a noob like me needs!

I guess I should formally introduce myself. My name is Jim and I live in a rural area not too far from Melbourne, Australia. I've been retired from the construction scene for almost five years now. Always been busy making this and that in my backyard shop. I found Atomic Zombie while searching the Web for recumbent trike plans. Glad I stumbled on your site. It's a pleasure reading all about everyone's projects and the new things you've planned. I just read about the new tandem trike you're planning to build soon ("Big Red" based on Warrior Recumbent Tadpole Racing Trike). I'll be following that project with great interest!

My daughter is almost 18 years old and she wants to build the LodeRunner Tandem with me. I was shocked! She likes the picture of Brad and the two young ladies riding with him. I think it somehow inspired her. It should be a fun project for us to work on together.

We're in the process of gathering parts and taking measurements. I'll stop by the forum and give you folks a progress report once we have something to show. I know AZ builders love pictures, so we'll try to remember to take lots as the project goes along.

Cheers to you Brad and Kat and the entire AZ bike building crew. You're a great lot of people. Proud to be a part of this wonderful community.  ~ Jim and Stacey, Melbourne, Australia"

Thanks, Jim and Stacey. Our Builders Forum represents an international community of creative people who enjoy building their own cool stuff! Our forum is family safe, meaning that we keep it clean and free from flaming, offensive language and trolling. If you want to talk about the things you are building (or want to build) and meet others who share your desire to create, then please drop by and join the discussions! Membership is free.

If you are looking for support concerning an Atomic Zombie plan, or have a question about a project before purchasing, then you will find categories for each plan we offer in our forum. We also encourage experienced builders who have completed projects based on Atomic Zombie plans to help other novice builders, so feel free to share your advice, tips and tricks with the community.

Our plans are made for everyone, from beginners to novice builders. Atomic Zombie designs only require basic tools and materials that can be found at most hardware stores. All of our plans include many detailed photos and diagrams, and can be easily customized to suit your needs. See you in the forum.