Monday, February 8, 2010

Greetings from Australia

This email from James H., in Western Australia:

"Cheers from Western Australia!

I’ve been building my own recumbent bikes for about five years now. I found Atomic Zombie last year when one of my mates who also builds his own bikes told me about your web site. I’ve been checking out the forum for months reading a lot about everyone’s bike projects and decided to try my hand at building a recumbent chopper. I saw pictures of your Vigilante Chopper and I loved it. So, I bought the plans recently and started working on the frame.

I’m not a professional welder, but I think I weld pretty good. I’m sure I still have lots to learn about making choppers. I’ve never built a chopper before, so I’m on the forum a lot to learn as much as I can.

It’s nice to connect with other bike builders out there and share ideas. I don’t have many good pictures yet, but promise to post them on the forum. I see some of the great bike projects posted there and I’m embarrassed to put up mine because there’s not much progress yet! I got the steel for the frame and the fat back tire and I’ve been taking my time building it, reading the plan over and over again. I like the way you write the plans so it’s easy for someone like me to build it step-by-step. I want to do this right the first time.

I’m pretty slow with my Vigilante Chopper because of my back problems. The seat will have a full back so it's better for my back. I will get it done for sure, though – don’t worry!

I wanted to write and tell you how much I love the site and the family of bike builders on the forum who have so much talent and friendship to share with everyone. There is so much negative stuff on the Internet. It’s nice to know that there’s a friendly place to go to for camaraderie and encouragement.

You should be proud of yourselves for starting something so great for so many people. Atomic Zombie is a great place to be and we are all lucky to be a part of the AZ Krew.

Thanks for making all of it possible for us bike freaks. Keep up the great work. Will be seeing you in the forum.

Cheers, James H."

Thanks for your kind words, James. Keep us posted on your chopper build. Take it one day at at a time.