I used a rear triangle from one of my donor bikes
The front wheel and forks was donated from my daughters old bike. I initially had it on the highroller, but it made the steering real twitchy
*** GEORGIA CODE SECTION *** 10/14/96
(d) No bicycle shall be equipped, modified, or altered in such a way as to cause the pedal in its lowermost position to be more than 12 inches above the ground, nor shall any bicycle be operated if so equipped.
Wife found this after I was done! This morning I added the seat bracket and seat.
Then I added the rear steering assembly and bottom bracket.
Tomorrow on my way home from work I will pick up some rod end bearings and tubing to make the steering linkage.
This afternoon I made a new goose neck since the one on the Highroller was to tall. I got a gooseneck that was a snug fit inside 3/4in EMT conduit cut it as shown:
Now, I just need to get some threaded rod to complete the gooseneck assembly.
Well the big box store was out of the threaded rod I was going to use for my gooseneck . I wound up cutting up one of the short threaded rods I had and welded a pipe between the two pieces. It's ugly, but it works. It was to dark to take pictures by the time I was through with everything. I will take some tomorrow and post them. I had to redo the headtube angle, it was 80 degrees. I have no idea how that happened.
I found these at Lowes for $9.00 a pair and made the steering linkage (Troy-Bilt Ball Joints Item #: 53838 | Model #: OEM-723-0448)
I am going to have to reposition the tab on the forks since the linkage scrapes the pedals by about 1/8 inch. I need to mount the pulley and deal with the cables and it will be ready for its test ride.
I still need to attach the pulley.
I attached the front brakes and decided to take it for a test ride. Man, this bike is easily the smoothest bike I have ever had the pleasure to ride. The only problems I have found is the front of the seat needs to be angled up so I don"t slide forward and the chain rubs on the chainstay.
After I take care of those minor problems I will attach the pulley and work on the cable management, I have some idea's about routing the cables in the frame.
To all you Dads out there, Happy Father's Day . Waiting for the paint to dry, Meridian in the background
Close-up of the Meridian, (Key Lime Green).
I guess I could clean and re-grease all of the bearings while I wait.
This is what it looks like all put together.
I ran the cables through the frame. I need to shorten the cable housing.
When I tried to thread the front brake cable Murphy showed up and wouldn't let me. I will need to redo the internal routing This is what the front will look like after I fix it.
Murphy stayed with me for most of the day, the front derailleur cable comes out of the housing at a bad angle and caused it to come loose.
There is to much friction on the rear brake cable so it sticks.
I guess Murphy took a break cause the rear derailleur works.
Hopefully I will be able to fix them all.
My wife and kids gave me an early birthday present since my kids are gone for the next 2 weeks. The wife said it is for me to park my bikes in.
Eventually I will need to find or fabricate longer handlebars. I have more picture of my three bikes here http://www.flickr.com/photos/imamedik
I changed out the rear derailleur and the shifters, if you notice I changed the way I routed the cables through the frame.
Got it completely finished, I was able to fix all the little glitches that Murphy sent my way.