Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Builders Gallery updates - recumbents, choppers, tandems, trikes, cargo bikes and more

Greetings fellow bike freaks and garage hackers. The Builders Gallery was recently updated with more outstanding builds by many creative bike builders. There was a problem with the ordering of recent submissions due to database date error, but Brad fixed it yesterday.You may notice some duplicates in the gallery. We will be going through it this week to fix that.

In the meantime, you'll see some new trikes based on Warrior Tadpole Trike and StreetFox Tadpole Trike, HighRoller Short Wheel Base Recumbent, OverKill Chopper, DeltaWolf Recumbent Trike, and more.

Below are some of the most recent gallery bike submissions, bringing our total to almost 1,000! Great work, everybody and keep sending in pictures of your completed projects.

My name is Dave Kerry from Toronto Canada. Here is a pic of my chopper. I hope ya like it.











Here are pictures of my DeltaWolf that I completed in Jan. Only worked on the project when I have free time and as you can tell from the time it took I don't have a lot of free time. Your plans were great with really good pictures.

I made the left axle too short because the chain now hits on the idler pulley except when in high gear. So, at this time it's a 3-speed but when the snow melts I'll try it out and if I like it that way then it stays. If not, I plan to cut the left axle and add abut a inch or so. What do you think of this idea? I only ride on paved trails in this area. No off road stuff for this old man (70)  I really enjoyed this project. Makes me wish I was young again, but it makes me feel that way so I like that.  Thanks for making such really good detailed plans.

Keep up the good work with your news letter and projects. Look forward to them every month. Your Terminator Chopper has really peeked my interest. Looks to be, art work on wheels.

Keep up the good work. ~ Jim Killion, Mankato MN


Hello Brad and Kat. I have attached some pics of a motor assisted bike that I built from your wonderful plans. 

You can use them in your gallery if you'd like. Keep up the good work. You could title it 'Butch's Motor Assisted Warrior'. Thanks. ~ Butch






This is my self-built Cruz-Bike. Thanks for posting on your site. ~ Michelangelo BornĂ², Ragusa, Italy