Friday, June 17, 2011

The Quest for the perfect Electric Minibike

"Now that we are living in the rugged country, I am finding the need to design the perfect electric minibike. I currently ride the E-Style BMX, but find that it lacks the power to handle our steep rolling hills and fields. The roads here are loose gravel and can have some serious washboards, which means suspension is a must.

As soon as I figure out where I am going to weld here, I will be working on "The Kodiak Electric Minibike (or trike)", and am just looking for ideas and suggestions for now.

My goal is a minibike with a range of at least 25 miles and a top speed of about 25 miles per hour, with massive hill climbing and off-road power. For an engine, I have settled on the PMG-132 running at 48 volts."

Read more and join the discussion:  The Quest for the perfect Electric Minibike