Thursday, June 3, 2010

Meet Atomic Zombie bike builders and krew members

Forum name:  Good Idea Guy

Stats:  Single, 31-39

Location:  Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Occupation: Rug Cleaning Technician

How you found Atomic Zombie: Unsure, probably from another connected site    

When joined the forum: 2007

Building bikes experience: Some previous experience

Welding experience:  Some previous experience

Why did you join the Atomic Zombie builders community?  Good ideas come from anywhere. One never knows where or when one will stumble over them. A forum dedicated to bicycle construction was the logical place to go. As bicycles are my primary means of transport, I need to keep abreast of possibilities. As I travel through life, I'm finding that fine tuning my bicycle needs are necessary (five years ago, I would never have forecast how useful a small folding bicycle would be). The forum helps me to mentally build the designs in my head before I commit them to paper.

Favorite type of bike:  Fun/crazy    

Why? I have in my mind a combination of the Kyoto Cruiser, Gladiator and the StreetFighter, along with a generous dash of the Arcturus Camper. It is a bicycle version of the Batmobile - Tumbler variant from the recent movies Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Possible names are the Streetfighter: Tumbler, Kyoto Tumbler, or just The Tumbler.

Current projects: Short wheel base recumbents, e-bikes, quadcycles, e-bikes, fun/crazy

Type of welding:  Stick

Building challenges:  Keeping up the momentum, proper planning

How have you overcome these challenges?  Learning, reading

Advice for other bike builders:  How long it takes to build something is usually up to you. This site is a font of good ideas. I really do need to do more messaging on the site. I don't due to shyness & the usual 'What if they think my idea is lame' that all creative people have to go through. Having said that, it means alot to know that there is a place of helpful constructive (literally!) criticism that I can access to get my ideas out there. All I need to do is take the first step. That one's always the hardest.    

Suggested web sites:  www.Bikeforest.com,  www.evalbum.com,  www.Chickslovethecar.com

More interesting stuff about you:  I'm related on my mother's side to the inventor George Westinghouse.  As seen above, I'm planning a build of an electric bicycle version of the Tumbler from Chris Nolan’s Batman movies.