Sunday, September 19, 2010

Graucho's flamed electric fattie bike chopper - AtomicZombie builders forum



I read through this build from the start and it makes me snicker. First, I was building a 5 speed 1000 watt full suspension fattie. Then, I changed my frame and design to a dual rear shock single speed 1000 watt fattie. Then, after a motor/battery fire while riding I changed my frame and design again to a single speed, front wheel hub 600 watt full suspension fattie.



This is what happens when you don't follow a plan folks. A good reason why Brad's plans "DO" help you greatly. But that's not how I tick. I don't fear the unknown. I don't fear change.

I have zero fear of failure. I find taking out the cutting wheel and chopping apart a fresh weld another lesson learned. And finally I'm able to belly laugh at my own stupidity (even when there's no one else in the room).




So to sum it up:  anyone with a dream and the correct mindset can change their bicycle dream several times to create their final vision. Hopefully, you can do it faster than I am. My beginning posts had 3 ft. of snow outside!

This jumbled mess (pictured at the right) is testing the wiring before hiding and attaching everything together. A-OK to move ahead. I'm also Installing an extra 75 amp emergency shut off switch just in case she gets stuck wide open. I don't have the brake shutdown style of shutdown. So, once again, I improvised.

~ Graucho, south eastern Minnesota



Follow Graucho's build blog:  http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php?t=3598