Friday, September 24, 2010

Streetfighter tubing? - Atomic Zombie™ Extreme Machines Builder's Forum



"There are two main reasons why there is no "parts list" at the beginning of the plan.

1) Because the bike is often built around both your donor parts and body size, my "best guess" would probably get me in a lot more trouble than not having the list. Working out the required lengths using your own measurements will ensure you don't end up "2 inches too short" on your only length of tubing due to my "best guess".

2) Things like wheels, cranks, etc are obvious parts, and you are free to use whatever you have on hand. I do not use hard to find parts nor do I favor any brand, so I am not going to start listing part numbers as that would only make things more confusing.

I do not plan to ever create a cut list or a parts list for my style of writing because for the most part it would add nothing but confusion. I am not against others posting their cut lists or parts lists, but I am also not going to link to them as I have no way to verify them as "universally good" for everyone.

The difference between a bike made for a 5 foot tall person is going to have a vastly different boom length than one for a 6.5 foot tall person. Also, your donor parts affect angles as well as lengths.

I started the forum to allow a place for everyone to share info and get help, and to me that trumps a strict parts list and a "good luck" policy any day!

http://atomiczombie.com/plansfaq.html

Read more and join the discussion: Streetfighter tubing? - Atomic Zombie™ Extreme Machines Builder's Forum