Saturday, September 11, 2010

Locutus' second build, the Electric-assist Street Fox (AKA: The NoPEC-1) - Atomic Zombie™ Extreme Machines Builder's Forum

"Now for a fairing. It seems criminal that I've finished the trike and now the weather's turning sour for the upcoming Autumn and winter. So I need to build a fairing--fast. While my fantasy is to build something that looks like a Go One or Glyde, budget and time are the realities. So I'll probably build one out of Coroplast. But the challenge with this inexpensive and lightweight material will be to build a fairing that both looks decent and is aerodynamic, since I won't be able to form compound curves.

So for starters I took some poster board and made a model of what I think my fairing might end up looking like. So far I pretty pleased with the results and the looks. And I think I can build the acual fairing pretty quickly.

Voila! What do you think?"

Read more and see the pictures: Locutus' second build, the Electric-assist Street Fox (AKA: The NoPEC-1) - Atomic Zombie™ Extreme Machines Builder's Forum